All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLondon and Seoul-based Korean artist Meekyoung Shin (b.1967) is internationally renowned for her sculptures that probe the mis- and re-translations that often emerge when objects of distinct cultural and historical specificity are dislocated from their original context.
- Author BiographyBen Tufnell is a founding director of Parafin. He was a curator at Tate (1997-2006) and Director of Exhibitions at Haunch of Venison (2006-2013). He is the author of 'Land Art' (Tate Publishing, 2006) and of catalogue essays on artists including Richard Long, David Nash, Nancy Holt, Giuseppe Penone, Gunther Uecker and Cai Guo-Qiang. Jade Keunhye Lim is a Seoul-based curator and writer. She was a curator at Seoul Museum of Art (2003-7) and at Gyeonggi Museum of Modern Art (2007-8). She has written extensively on contemporary art and is the author of 'United Creations: Sensation of British Art' (Jian Books, 2009; in Korean). Jonathan Watkins is the Director of Ikon Gallery since 1999. His previous posts include curator at the Serpentine Gallery (1995-1997) and Director of Chisenhale Gallery (1990-1995). He has curated a number of large international exhibitions including the Iraqi Pavilion for the Venice Biennale (2013), Shanghai Biennale (2006), Tate Triennial (2003), and the Biennale of Sydney (1998). He has written extensively on contemporary art and is the author of 'On Kawara' (Phaidon, 2002). Kyung An is an independent curator and art historian based in London. She has worked previously at the Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Hayward Gallery in London. She is the curator of Written in Soap: A Plinth Project (2012-ongoing) and Special Projects Manager at Meekyoung Shin Studio.
- Author(s)Ben Tufnell,Jade Keunhye Lim,Jonathan Watkins,Kyung An
- PublisherAnomie Publishing
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWakefield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnomie Publishing
- Content NoteAppox. 50 colour and b/w illustrations
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Edited byAnne Blood
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £66.59Trending at £105.49
- £2.99Trending at £4.00
- £43.83Trending at £45.98
- £5.57Trending at £6.98
- £23.51Trending at £29.99
- £19.36Trending at £26.91
- £17.42Trending at £21.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.