CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.97
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.93Trending at £8.97
- £14.60Trending at £18.94
- £4.20Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionIn a satanic bargain, Melmoth exchanges his soul for immortality. This book tells the story of his tortured wanderings through the centuries.
- Author BiographyCharles Robert Maturin (1782-1824) was born in Dublin and educated at Trinity College. He took orders and worked as a curate in Loughrea and Dublin. Maturin enjoyed literary success with his Gothic novels and a tragedy 'Bertram' (1816). His later plays and fiction, including MELMOTH THE WANDERER, were neglected and he died in poverty. Victor Sage is Reader in Literature in the School of English and American Studies at the University of East Anglia.
- Author(s)Charles Robert Maturin
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2000
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Notefurther reading, notes
- Weight479 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byVictor Sage
- Introduction byVictor Sage
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.