All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.80Trending at £8.99
- £11.81Trending at £13.06
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.99Trending at £5.17
- £7.37Trending at £9.99
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis English-language volume of Japanese scholarship on Herman Melville opens with chapters on Melville's reception in Japan and the literary interaction between Hawthorne and Melville. The rest of the volume covers Moby Dick , Israel Porter , The Confidence Man , Clarel and Billy Budd .
- Author BiographyKENZABURO OHASHI is a leading Melville scholar and professor emeritus at the University of Tokyo, and lecturer at Ferris Women's University in Yokohama. In addition to his works written in Japanese, he is the author of Native Soil and the World Beyond: William Faulkner and Japanese Novelists (1984).
- Author(s)Kenzaburo Ohashi
- Date of Publication30/07/1993
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContributions in American Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 103.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.