All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tale that tells the story of a geisha girl, uncovering a hidden world of eroticism and enchantment, exploitation and degradation. From a small fishing village in 1929, the tale moves to the heart of Kyoto in the 1930s, where a peasant girl is sold as servant and apprentice to a geisha house. She tells her story many years later from New York.
- Author BiographyArthur Golden was born and brought up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is a 1978 graduate of Harvard College with a degree in art history, specialising in Japanese art. In 1980 he earned an MA in Japanese history from Columbia where he also learned Mandarin Chinese. In 1988 he received an MA in English from Boston. He has lived and worked in Japan, but now lives in Brookline, Massachusetts, with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Arthur Golden
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- Out-of-print date16/06/2012
- Weight310 g
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMedia tie-in
Most relevant reviews
- papa-pa07 Mar, 2017by
Social commentary of Japan
Recommended to me as an example of "memoir" genre, and reading in that light added greatly to my understanding and enjoyment of the content.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- rhileysmum04 May, 2013by
beautiful, awesome book well worth a read xx I purchased the book as I love the film and I know the books always have more details in them . there were a lot more details in it, it really was a pleasure to read.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.80
- £5.96Trending at £6.29
- £4.66Trending at £4.76
- £4.66Trending at £5.38
- £4.89Trending at £5.76
- £4.99Trending at £5.38
- £4.77Trending at £4.95