Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionCovers a range of topics and issues that relate to men and depression, including: assessment of male depression; statistics on depression in men; theories to explain depression in men; treating depression in men with both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy; the interrelation of grief, loss, trauma, and depression in men; and more.
- Author BiographySam V. Cochran received his Ph.D. in counseling psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1983. He is currently Assistant Director of the University Counseling Service and an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa in Iowa City. He conducts a private practice of individual psychotherapy that focuses almost exclusively on treating men for depression, relationship difficulties, and male gender-role concerns. He has authored and co-authored a number of publications related to men's issues, including a book, Man Alive: A Primer of Men's Issues with his co-author, Dr. Fred Rabinowitz. He is currently Recording Secretary for the Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity of the American Psychological Association and co-chair of its Task Force on Men and Depression. Fredric E. Rabinowitz, Ph.D., received his doctorate in counseling psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1984. He began his professorship at the University of Redlands in 1984 and has been there ever since, currently as a full professor of Psychology. Dr. Rabinowitz has developed a private psychotherapy practice that focuses mainly on the issues of men and has co-led a men's group in Redlands since 1987. He has presented extensively on men and psychotherapy and has written and co-written many articles on the topic. He and his co-author, Sam V. Cochran, wrote a book titled Man Alive: A Primer of Men's Issues in 1994 that was published by Brooks/Cole. He has received the Outstanding Teaching Award and Professor of the Year awards at the University of Redlands. Dr. Rabinowitz has served several years as the Department Chair and has also been the Mental Health Director of a local community mental health center.
- Author(s)Frederic E. Rabinowitz,Sam Victor Cochran
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/1999
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitlePractical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.