CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.65Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.84
- £6.07Trending at £6.23
- £8.91Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.15
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- DescriptionMental health concerns are the most serious and prevalent healthproblems among students in higher education. Increasingly effectivepsychopharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments havefacilitated matriculation for students with histories of anxiety,mood, personality, eating and substance abuse disorders.
- Author BiographyDr. Kay is a Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists and Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and has served as the chair of the APA Committee on Medical Student Education, the Council on Medical Education and Career Development, the Vestermark Award Board, and the Committee on the Practice of Psychotherapy. He chairs the World Psychiatric Association Task Force on Undergraduate and Post Graduate Curriculum as well as the APA Committee on College Mental Health. Dr. Kay is the immediate past chair of the Psychiatry Residency Review Committee of the ACGME and the Founding Editor of the Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research and Associate Editor of the American Journal of Psychotherapy. He has published extensively on the topics of medical and psychiatric education, medical ethics, child psychiatry, psychoanalysis, psychotherapy, the neurobiology of psychotherapy, and psychosocial aspects of AIDS and of cardiac transplantation, and has edited numerous books. Dr. Kay serves as the Associate Director of the Comprehensive Neuroscience Center at Wright State University. He received the 2001 APA Seymour Vestermark Award for contributions to psychiatric education. Dr. Kay's current research examines fMRI in borderline personality disordered patients with self-harm behavior. Dr. Victor Schwartz is currently university dean of students at Yeshiva University and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at Yeshiva's Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He established and was director of the Counseling Center at Yeshiva. Previously Dr. Schwartz was for many years the medical director and chief psychiatrist at the University Counseling Service at New York University. He has also served as assistant director of residency training in psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine. He is a Distinguished Fellow, an original member of the Presidential Task Force on College Mental Health and a member of the Committee on College Mental Health, and co-chair of the working group on law and college mental health all of the American Psychiatric Association. He is also a co-chair of the Committee on the College Student of the Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry. He has written and lectured extensively on college mental health; particularly around the areas of the intersection of law, administration and college mental health, the management of mental health crises in colleges, psychiatric residency training in college mental health services and psychopharmacology practice in college mental health.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width169 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJerald Kay,Victor Schwartz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.