About this product
- DescriptionThrough an examination that uses previously unavailable archives and little-used primary literature, this book places the twentieth-century mental hygiene movement within the broad sweep of modern British psychiatry, offering its own reinterpretation of important elements of this history.
- Author BiographyJonathan Toms is a Fellow of the Institute for the History and Work of Therapeutic Environments. He has a PhD in the history of medicine and was a Wellcome Funded Research Fellow at the University of Warwick Centre for the History of Medicine, UK, from 2006-9. He has published articles on the history of mental health and learning disability.
- Author(s)Jonathan Toms
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleScience, Technology and Medicine in Modern History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight475 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £2.70Trending at £2.73
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.