Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.88Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionMerchants and Marvels addresses how ideas about the representation of nature, in both art and science, underwent a profound transformation between the age of the Renaissance and the early 1700s.
- Author BiographyPamela H. Smith is Associate Professor of History at Pomona College and the Claremont Graduate University. She is the author of The Business of Alchemy: Science and Culture in the Holy Roman Empire, winner of the 1995 Pfizer Prize in the History of Science. Paula Findlen is Professor of History and Director of the Science, Technology and Society Program at Stanford University. She is the author of Possessing Nature: Museums, Collecting, and Scientific Culture in Early Modern Italy, winner of the 1995 Marroro Prize in Italian History and 1996 Pfizer Prize in the History of Science.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2001
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPamela Smith,Paula Findlen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.