All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern, accessible treatment of observations, prediction and dynamical evolution of thunderstorms and mesoscale phenomena, for advanced students, researchers and professionals.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Trapp received his PhD in Meteorology from the University of Oklahoma in 1994. He was a National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellow and then was appointed as a research scientist at the Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies and the National Severe Storms Laboratory. Part of this appointment was spent at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. Trapp joined the faculty at Purdue University in 2003: he is currently Professor and Associated Head of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. He holds the distinction as a University Faculty Scholar, awarded to outstanding faculty members who are on an accelerated path for academic distinction. Trapp has also been recognized as an Outstanding Teacher in the College of Science and has appeared on his departmental teaching honor roll in every semester of his tenure at Purdue. He is an expert on convective storms, their attendant hazards and their two-way interaction with the larger-scale atmosphere.
- Author(s)Robert J. Trapp
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note147 b/w illus. 32 colour illus. 5 tables 27 exercises
- Weight950 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.