Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive guide to the world of metadata, from its origins in the ancient cities of the Middle East, to the Semantic Web of today. The author takes us on a journey through the centuries-old history of metadata up to the modern world of crowdsourcing and Google, showing how metadata works and what it is made of.
- Author BiographyRichard Gartner is a librarian and academic who has specialised in the field of metadata and digital libraries for over twenty years. He is currently the Digital Librarian at the Warburg Institute in London. Previously, he was for sixteen years the New Media Librarian for the Bodleian Library in Oxford, where he was responsible for the introduction of the Internet into the Library, its first CD-ROM network and its first digital imaging projects. More recently he was a lecturer at King's College London where he taught and researched metadata and digital curation. Throughout his career, his research has concentrated on metadata, a subject in which he has published widely. He is on the editorial board for METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard), a widely-used metadata standard in digital libraries. He has also maintained a long-term interest in international librarianship, which has taken him in the past to China, Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, Uzbekistan and Armenia amongst other countries.
- Author(s)Richard B. Gartner
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/08/2016
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note28 Illustrations, color; 5 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 114 p. 33 illus., 28 illus. in color.
- Weight203 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £29.42Trending at £39.79
- £15.72Trending at £16.14
- £6.19Trending at £6.79
- £6.79Trending at £8.77
- £36.98Trending at £37.49
- £26.89Trending at £44.88
- £14.52Trending at £16.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.