Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book assists information professionals in improving the usability of digital objects by adequately documenting them and using tools for metadata management. It provides practical advice for libraries, archives, and museums dealing with digital collections in a wide variety of formats and from a wider variety of sources.
- Author BiographyMuriel Foulonneau is project coordinator at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the CIC-OAI metadata harvesting project. She has worked with practitioners and researchers in Europe and the United States to help implementing digital library applications. She has served as an evaluator for the Information Science and Technology R&D program of the European Commission. Jenn Riley is the Metadata Librarian for the Indiana University Digital Library Program, where she is responsible for planning metadata strategy for digital library projects. Jenn has been a leader in the development of a number of ground-breaking digital collections using metadata in novel ways to improve access to digital libraries.Jenn Riley and Muriel Foulonneau were both involved in the definition of best practices for shareable metadata for the Digital Library Federation. They have authored numerous practical guides and research articles on interoperability of digital content.
- Author(s)Jenn Riley,Muriel Foulonneau
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/01/2017
- Weight480 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.