Metaphor and Literalism in Buddhism: The Doctrinal History of Nirvana by Soon-il Hwang (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £143.93Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £26.78Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by fifth_avenue2014
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a study of the doctrinal development of nirvana in the Pali Nikaaya and subsequent tradition and compares it with the Chinese aagama and its traditional interpretation. This work also clarifies early doctrinal developments of Nirvana and traces the word and related terms back to their original metaphorical contexts.
- Author BiographySoonil Hwang is Assistant Professor in the Department of Indian Philosophy at Dongguk University, Seoul. His research interests are focused upon early Indian Buddhism, Buddhist Philosophy and Sectarian Buddhism.
- Author(s)Soon-il Hwang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.