All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses metaphor at work in a variety of linguistic contexts, from election leaflets to specialist scientific articles.
- Author BiographyElena Semino is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Linguistics and English Language at Lancaster University. Her previous publications include Cognitive Stylistics: Language and Cognition in Text Analysis (2002, edited with J. Culpeper) and Corpus Stylistics: Speech, Writing and Thought Presentation in a Corpus of English Writing (2004, with M. Short).
- Author(s)Elena Semino
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £43.55Trending at £50.00
- £24.99Trending at £26.61
- £19.67Trending at £20.71
- £63.23Trending at £93.31
- £9.22Trending at £9.90
- £13.17Trending at £19.38
- £20.33Trending at £23.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.