Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.54Trending at £13.85
- £24.37Trending at £26.23
- £7.75Trending at £8.23
- £8.97Trending at £9.77
- £9.54Trending at £10.98
- £9.54Trending at £10.61
- £8.29Trending at £8.99
About this product
- Author(s)Char Ullman,Judith Kaplan-Weinger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsSection I: First Steps. Ch 1: Thinking about Doing the Ethnography of Communication: An Introduction. Ch 2: Review of the Application of Ethnographic analysis to Different Domains. Ch 3:Identifying and Locating a Speech Community You Want to Study. Section II: The CULTURES Model. Ch 4: Compile your knowledge. Ch 5: Undertake observation. Ch 6: Locate Patterns. Ch 7: Trace Norms. Ch 8: Understand values. Ch 9: Review with participants. Ch 10: Experiment with hypotheses. Ch 11: Sharing your analysis. Section III: Reflections. Ch 12: Concluding Thoughts.
- Author BiographyJudith Kaplan-Weinger is Professor of Linguistics, and Coordinator of the Linguistics Program, at Northeastern Illinois University. Char Ullman is Assistant Professor of Bilingual/ESOL Education and Educational Anthropology at the University of Texas at El Paso.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.