Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.57
- £14.30Trending at £21.04
- £10.09Trending at £13.02
- £7.57Trending at £8.48
- £28.88Trending at £30.52
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, leading scholars from East Asia and beyond debate Michael Oakeshott's views on liberal democracy and totalitarianism and their implications for East Asia today. His ideas on rationality in politics, the nature of liberal democracy, and how democracy can defeat anti-liberal politics are explored in ten penetrating essays.
- Author BiographyChor-yung Cheung, City University of Hong Kong Andrew Gamble, Queens' College in the University of Cambridge Bi Hwan Kim, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea, and the Korean Society for Political Thought Sungmoon Kim, City University of Hong Kong Erika A. Kiss, University Center for Human Values at Princeton University, USA Jan-Werner Muller, Princeton University, USA Terry Nardin, National University of Singapore Edmund Neill, New College of the Humanities, UK Zhang Rulun, Fudan University, China
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/05/2015
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVII, 197 p.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byTerry Nardin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.