Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £6.89Trending at £9.44
- £66.36Trending at £80.00
- £109.35Trending at £140.00
- £26.10Trending at £27.89
- £25.67Trending at £27.89
About this product
- DescriptionShowing that economic development and public health, often thought of as distinct, are both interdependent and dependent on social and political conditions, this work offers an appreciation of the close relationship between microenterprise development and health in developing countries.
- Author BiographyROSALIA RODRIGUEZ-GARCIA is Professor and Chair of the Department of International Public Health and Director of The Center for International Health at George Washington University./e She has worked in the field of health and socioeconomic development policies and programs around the world since 1972. In 1992 she cofounded the Center for International Health. JAMES A. MACINKO is an international health policy consultant who has worked with the George Washington University Center for International Health, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins University./e His research interests include planning and evaluation of multidisciplinary health and human development programs, applied health policy research, health reform and equity, and models of international health cooperation. WILLIAM F. WATERS is Senior Associate in the Center for International Health and Associate Research Professor of International Public Health and International Affairs at George Washington University./e Earlier he worked as a consultant in rural development project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and served as Dean of Development Administration at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Ecuador. His work centers on the relationship between health and development.
- Author(s)James A. Macinko,Rosalia Rodriguez-Garcia,William F. Waters
- Date of Publication28/02/2001
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 222
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.