All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £41.85
- £56.83Trending at £57.42
- £14.44Trending at £15.88
- £25.39Trending at £26.99
- £23.65Trending at £26.08
- £17.91Trending at £18.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis by an award-winning researcher summarizes the potential to use passive seismic methods to monitor the sequestration of anthropogenic CO2 in geologic reservoirs. In doing so it synthesizes innovative research in both seismology and geomechanics.
- Author Biography2010 Royal Astronomical Society Keith Runcorn Prize for best geophysics thesis in the UK. 2010 Award for best oral presentation at the British Geophysical Association postgraduate meeting. Endorsement by James Verdon's PhD supervisor, Prof. Mike Kendall, Bristol University: James is one of the most productive PhD students I have met. In four years he has published 12 refereed papers in leading journals, and he is the lead author on 7 papers, 6 of which are derived directly from his PhD work. He has presented his work 15 times in extended abstracts at international meetings. The breadth of his research is revealed by the range of journals that he has published in. Most recently he has had a paper accepted in Earth and Planetary Science Letters, which is one of the very best academic Earth Science journals. In contrast, he has also published in Geophysics and the Leading Edge, which are widely read by Earth scientists working in the petroleum industry. James already enjoys an international reputation in the CCS field and is well known in the area of monitoring CO2 sequestration in geologic reservoirs. I see James as one of the bright young stars in UK geophysics and he is the best young applied geophysicist I have seen in many years.
- Author(s)James P. Verdon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/01/2012
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXVII, 183 p. 102 illus., 77 illus. in color.
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.