Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £15.72Trending at £17.46
- £26.62Trending at £27.36
- £23.56Trending at £26.13
- £19.99Trending at £24.14
- £23.56Trending at £31.89
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £16.77Trending at £26.98
About this product
- DescriptionIf Access can do it, you can do it too! Client lists. Sales figures. Web research. Take charge of your data to better run your business or organization. With expert advice from Cary Prague and Michael Irwin, you'll quickly master Access 2002's top database management capabilities and its hot new Web features.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Cary N. Prague is an internationally best selling author and lecturer in the database industry. He owns Database Creations, Inc., the world's largest Microsoft Access add-on company. Their products include a line of financial software; Business! for Microsoft Office, a mid-range accounting system, POSitively Business! Point of Sale software, the Inventory Barcode manager for mobile data collection, and the Check Writer and General Ledger. Database Creations also produces a line of developer tools including the appBuilder, an application generator for Microsoft Access, the EZ Access Developer Tools for building great user interfaces, appWatcher for maintaining code bases among several developers, and Surgical Strike, the only Patch Manager for Microsoft Access. Cary also owns Database Creations Consulting, LLC., a successful consulting firm specializing in Microsoft Access and SQL Server applications. Local and national clients include many Fortune 100 companies including manufacturers, defense contractors, insurance, health-care, and software industry companies. His client list includes Microsoft, United Technologies, ABB, Smith & Wesson Firearms, Pratt and Whitney Aircraft, ProHealth, OfficeMax, Continental Airlines, and other Fortune 500 companies. Formerly, he has held numerous management positions in corporate information systems, including Director of Managed Care Reporting for MetraHealth, Director of Corporate Finance and Software Productivity at Travelers Insurance where he was responsible for software support for 35,000 end users, and Manager of Information Systems support for Northeast Utilities. He is one of the top best-selling authors in the computer database management market having written over forty books which have sold over one million copies on software including Microsoft Access, Borland (Ashton-Tate) dBASE, Paradox, R:Base, Framework, and graphics. Cary's books include eleven books in the Access Bible series (recently number one on the Ingram Bestselling Database Titles list and in the Amazon.com top 100), Access 97 Secrets, dBASE for Windows Handbook, dBASE IV Programming (winner of the Computer Press Association's Book of the Year award for Best Software Specific Book), and Everyman's Database Primer Featuring dBASE IV. He previously completed three books for Access 2000 including Weekend Crash Course in Access 2000 Programming. Cary recently sold a product line named eTools for Microsoft Access to MightyWords, a division of FatBrain.com and Barnes and Noble. Cary is certified in Access as a Microsoft Certified Professional and has passed the MOUS test in Access and Word. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences around the country. He is on the exclusive Microsoft Access Insider Advisory Board and makes frequent trips to Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, WA. He has been voted the best speaker by the attendees of several national conferences. Recently, he was a speaker for Microsoft sponsored conferences in New Orleans, Hawaii, Phoenix, Chicago, Toronto, Palm Springs, Boston, and Orlando. He has also spoken at Borland's Database Conference, Digital Consulting's Database World, Microsoft's Developer Days, Computerland's Technomics Conference, COMDEX, and COMPAQ Computer's Innovate. He was a contributing editor to Access Advisor magazine and has written for the Microsoft Office Developer's journal. Cary holds a master's degree in computer science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and an M.B.A. and Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Connecticut. He is also a Certified Data Processor. Michael R. Irwin is considered one of the leading authorities on automated database and Internet management systems today. He is a noted worldwide lecturer, a winner of national and international awards, best-selling author, and developer of client/server, Internet, Intranet, and PC-based database management systems. Mr. Irwin has extensive database knowledge, gained by working with
- Author(s)Cary N. Prague,Michael R. Irwin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Series TitleBible
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Out-of-print date22/03/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2124 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.