All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting at the moment when the foundations of Western thought were being challenged, George Eliot fashions in Middlemarch (1871-2) the quintessential Victorian novel, a concept of life and society free from the dogma of the past yet able to confront the scepticism that was taking over the age.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)George Eliot
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date29/06/2011
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight591 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Volume editorDavid Carroll
- Introduction byFelicia Bonaparte
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.70Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.44Trending at £4.50
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.