All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.65
- £14.98Trending at £16.94
- £9.00Trending at £9.15
- £15.91Trending at £19.99
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £4.99Trending at £8.80
- £2.81Trending at £3.96
About this product
- DescriptionAn informative but very readable and amusing investigation into the various types of flying pest. This new edition includes more up-to-date information on the highland midge, its biology and why it bites. This book explains the midge's dominant role in ecology, and highland culture, and also how it keeps the worst human depredations under control.
- Author BiographyDr George Hendry is a biologist and science writer. The origins of this book go back to a period in his student days when he was besieged an old house in the Highlands during a particularly midgy summer. He lives in Rossshire.
- Author(s)George Hendry
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight91 g
- Width120 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.