All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Parvati Nair,Tendayi Bloom
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in Migration and Diaspora
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations
- Weight556 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Anne J. Kershen
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction, Parvati Nair and Tendayi Bloom; On the border: framing migration interconnectivity between states and societies as diaspora or transnationalism? A response formulated through interdisciplinary lenses, Valeria Bello; Method in the chaos: non-linearity, ephemerality and refugee identity, Suda Perera; Composing theories of justice in an unjust world: using a methodology of interdisciplinary iterative analysis to examine the UK policy of destitution of refused asylum seekers, Tendayi Bloom; Paris 19: mobility, memory and migration, Andres Borda-Gonzalez, David Kendall, Abbas Nokhasteh and Moustafa Traore; Sketches from the margins of marginalized communities: lessons in survival, resilience and resistance acquired from Palestinian refugees, John Halaka; Citizenship narrated: a cross-disciplinary study of family migration and storytelling, Rikke Wagner; Interdisciplinarity at work: ethnopsychiatry, migration and the global subject, Francesco Vacchiano; Cities as lived spaces: making sense of everyday migrant sociability in academic discourses on migration and cities, Megha Amrith; Still photography and moving subjects: migration in the frame of hospitality, Parvati Nair; Index.
- Author BiographyParvati Nair is Director of the United Nations University institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility and Professor of Hispanic, Cultural and Migration Studies at Queen Mary, University of London, UK. She is the author of A Different Light: The Photography of SebastiAGBPo Salgado, of Rumbo al norte: inmigraciA^3n y movimientos culturales entre el Magreb y EspaA+-a and of Configuring Community: Theories, Narratives and Practices of Community Identities in Contemporary Spain, and co-editor of Gender and Spanish Cinema and Hispanic and Lusophone Women Filmmakers: Critical Discourses and Cinematic Practices. She is also the Principal Editor of Crossings: Journal of Migration and Culture. Tendayi Bloom is Research Fellow at the United Nations University Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.29
- £23.53Trending at £23.86
- £18.29Trending at £22.03
- £20.44Trending at £21.21
- £36.01Trending at £38.34
- £26.11Trending at £28.54
- £23.71Trending at £26.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.