All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilitary Deployment and its Consequences for Families
- Author BiographyShelley M. MacDermid Wadsworth is director of the Military Family Research Institute and the Center for Families and professor of Human Development and Family Studies at Purdue University. Her research focuses on relationships between job conditions and family life, with a special focus on military families and organizational policies, programs and practices. Her research has been widely published, and has been funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Henry A. Murray Center, the Department of Defense, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, the state of Indiana, the Lilly Endowment, and others. She serves on the editorial boards of several major family research journals, and is a fellow of the National Council on Family Relations, and a recipient of the Work Life Legacy Award from the Families and Work Institute. She serves on the Returning Veterans Committee of the Institute of Medicine. David Riggs is a clinical psychologist and research associate professor at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Much of his work has focused on trauma, violence and anxiety, particularly the impact of post-traumatic stress disorder and other anxiety disorders on the families of those directly affected. He has trained numerous student and mental health professionals, published more than 60 articles and book chapters, and presented more than 200 papers and workshops. He earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Kansas and his doctorate from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and completed a clinical psychology internship at the Medical University of South Carolina. Previous positions include clinical research and academic appointments at the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, the National Center for PTSD, the Medical College of Pennsylvania, Tufts University, Boston University and the University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRisk and Resilience in Military and Veteran Families
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byProfessor David S. Riggs,Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.