Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), you might have an irrational fear of being contaminated by germs, or obsessively double-check things. Combining mindfulness practices with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), this book offers practical tools for managing the unwanted thoughts and compulsive urges that are associated with OCD.
- Author BiographyJon Hershfield, MFT, is a psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder and related disorders with mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral therapy. He is the moderator of a popular online discussion board devoted to fostering a better understanding of OCD with mental rituals, and is a regular presenter at the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation annual conference. He is based in Los Angeles, CA. Tom Corboy, MFT, is the executive director of the OCD Center of Los Angeles, which he founded in 1999. He is a licensed psychotherapist specializing in the integration of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and mindfulness for the treatment of OCD and related anxiety based conditions. In addition to treating individual clients, he has run weekly therapy groups for adults with OCD since 1997, and has presented at numerous conferences on the treatment of OCD. Foreword writer James Claiborn,PhD, ABPP, is a psychologist in private practice specializing in in OCD and related disorders. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, and Diplomate and Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the International OCD Foundation and has presented internationally on OCD, CBT and other topics.
- Author(s)Jon Hershfield,Tom Corboy
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight496 g
- Width253 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- peterdaisy102 Nov, 2016by
Mindfulness for OCD
Haven't completely read it yet but so far very good.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.31Trending at £13.56
- £36.44Trending at £39.49
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £18.86Trending at £22.17
- £10.12Trending at £10.38
- £6.95Trending at £7.08
- £22.62Trending at £24.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.