Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.53
About this product
- Author(s)Hugh O'Brien,Raimo Lahtinen,Wolfgang Derek Maier
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 250 illustrations (250 in full color); Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight1880 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of Contents1. A history of the exploration for and discovery of Finland's ore deposits 2. Synthesis of geological evolution and metallogeny of Finland 3. Magmatic Ni-Cu-(PGE) deposits 4. Deposits related to carbonatities and kimberlites 5. Gold deposits 6. Fe deposits of Finland 7. VMS deposits 8. Deposits related to granites 9. Other types of mineral deposits 11. Exploration methods 12. Finland's mineral resources--Opportunities and challenges for future mining
- Author BiographyWolfgang D. Maier is Professor of Economic Geology at Cardiff University, Wales, UK. He has more than 25 years of experience in the field conducting research on magmatic ore deposits. He has authored more than 100 journal papers and has been a contributing author or editor of several books, monographs, and geological maps. Raimo Lahtinen is Research Professor & Head of the Research Programme Mineral Potential for the Geological Survey of Finland. He is also an adjunct professor in bedrock geology at the University of Helsinki. His research interests include metallogeny and tectonic evolution, volcanogenic massive sulfide deposits, and the Archean-Proterozoic boundary. Hugh O'Brien is Senior Research Scientist at the Finland Geosciences Research Laboratory at the Geological Survey of Finland. He has also been a consultant for diamond exploration, and has contributed to numerous publications in geology. His research interests include radiogenic and stable isotopes applied to ore deposit studies, and kimberlites and diamonds.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.