All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a focal length of 50 mm, the Minolta MD lens is perfect for a wide range of photography. The f/1.7 maximum aperture of this Minolta camera lens lets you capture photos even in low light conditions. Featuring a construction of 6 elements in 5 groups, this 50 mm f/1.7 lens corrects chromatic aberrations while capturing photos. The 0.45 m minimum focusing distance of this Minolta camera lens delivers excellent close-up shots. Moreover, the Minolta MD 50 mm f/1.7 lens accepts 49 mm filters that help to add different effects to the photographs.
- Product LineMinolta MD
- Focal LengthFixed/Prime
- Focus TypeManual
- Focal Length (mm)50-50mm
- Optical Zoom1x
- Camera TypeSLR
- MountMinolta MD
- Depth3.6 cm
- Diameter6.4 cm
- Weight165 g
Most relevant reviews
- bobh14075109 Jul, 2014by
A cheap way to achieve a high quality lens with a small F stop
Because I use it with an AF adapter I have had to re-learn manually focusing, but that's good disciplne and when I remember produces very sharp pictures.
- ginjarex09 Jun, 2014by
A good all-round standard lens.
Nice to use & sharper stopped down, I only marked it down to 4* for a tendency to flare slightly in the same light that my Zuiko didn't. Great value for money these days.
- 1119679699@dele...11 Sep, 2012by
Good optical and mechanical quality, easy to use. Small size.
Im glad that i have bought Minolta MD 50 mm F 1.7 lense. Im using it for portraits and i like the defocus which this lense makes. Also i have used it to make photos on the beach - portraits and night photos. Autofocus ring is easy to work with. I like to manually set up the diafragma :) I could recommend it for portraits and for tourism.
- samo_ak4706 Sep, 2011by
Top lens better than the cheapo hanimex and ziess 50mm out there
Im not a total camera expert but would consider myself a camera geek. I would love to buy some beautiful glass and own a Leica one day but right not I am not in a position to. so investing in vintage glass instead was the way and this lens is not a bad way to start! this lens produce some of the creamiest Bokeah, I was pleasantly surprised when hooking it up with my olympus e510 DSLR and lens adapter. f1.7 is a joy to use but I'd say 2.8 on this lens is a sweet sport for some nice portriaght work. do yourself a favour and check out this lens and get use to manual focus! its like having a car with a manual gearbox. yes you could go automatic but your never involved, with manual its a more involving experience. Oh yea this lens is excellent, especially for the price and great for all you olympus e-system user still out there as they make some great adapters out there. just remember to file down the apature pin if too long. the pin should not exceed the lens adapter if your putting it on DSLR if your using it on a film body, forget what I just said. Read full review
- noushin1203 Mar, 2011by
Great lens, sharp, fast
This is great lens compare with price and take really sharp picture. I use Sony NEX 3 with this lens and I am happy from results.
Best-selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- £1,187.50Trending at £1,586.00
- £1,079.99Trending at £1,251.46
- £1,794.90Trending at £2,351.78
- £1,247.36Trending at £2,004.32
- £1,491.48Trending at £2,251.65
- £1,106.38Trending at £1,320.43
- £879.73Trending at £1,123.32