All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
About this product
- Author(s)Andreas Huyssen,David Bathrick,Eric Rentschler
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsDavid Bathrick, Andreas Huyssen, and Eric Rentschler - Introduction Dossier on Cinema and ExperienceHeide Schlupmann - History: From The Other Frankfurt School to Cinema and ExperienceSusan Buck-Morss - Scholarship Becomes Theory: Learning from Miriam HansenAnton Kaes - The Future of the PastEdward Dimendberg - The Fish That Knew WaterD. N. Rodowick - Subjects without SkinLaura Mulvey - The Striking of the HourEric Rentschler - Cinema and the Legacies of Critical Theory: Roundtable DiscussionGertrud Koch and Simon Rothohler - Redemptive Criticism: A Conversation with Gertrud Koch ArticlesTom Gunning - Miriam Hansen's Preface and Epilogue: Mourning and MediaYuri Tsivian - Talking to Miriam: Soviet Americanitis and the Vernacular Modernism ThesisDaniel Morgan - Play with Danger : Vernacular Modernism and the Problem of CriticismPamela Wojcik - Vernacular Modernism as Child's PlayGertrud Koch - Film as Experiment in Animation: Are Films Experiments on Human Beings?Mary Ann Doane - Facing a Universal LanguageKatharina Loew - The Spirit of Technology: Early German Thinking about FilmBill Brown - The Work of Play: Experiencing CinemaMartin Jay - The Little Shopgirls Enter the Public SphereWeihong Bao - A Vibrating Art in the Air : Cinema, Ether, and Propaganda Film Theory in Wartime ChongqingSabine Haenni - Intellectual Promiscuity: Cultural History in the Age of the Cinema, the Network, and the Database
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.