All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new version of Strindberg's classic naturalistic tragedy by acclaimed playwright David Eldridge.
- Author BiographyAugust Strindberg (1849-1912) was born in Stockholm and began writing plays in 1869. His first major play was Master Olof, written in 1872 but not performed for nine years. His other plays include The Father (1887), Miss Julie (1888), Creditors (1888), To Damascus, Parts I and II (1898), A Dream Play (1901) and The Ghost Sonata (1907). David Eldridge was born in Romford, Greater London. His full-length plays include Under the Blue Sky (Royal Court Theatre, 2000, awarded Best New Play in the West End in 2001); Festen (Almeida and Lyric Theatre, 2004); M.A.D. (Bush Theatre, 2004); Incomplete and Random Acts of Kindness (Royal Court Theatre, 2005); a new version of Ibsen's The Wild Duck (Donmar Warehouse, 2005); Market Boy (National Theatre, 2006); a new version of Ibsen's John Gabriel Borkman (Donmar Warehouse, 2007); a new version of Ibsen's The Lady from the Sea (Royal Exchange Theatre, 2010); The Knot of the Heart (Almeida, 2011) and In Basildon (Royal Court, 2012).
- Author(s)August Strindberg
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight77 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byDavid Eldridge
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.