Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.78
- £1.63Trending at £2.20
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £6.10Trending at £6.85
- £4.08Trending at £4.17
- £3.43Trending at £4.63
About this product
- DescriptionMiss Ravenel's Conversion is important in American literary history as the first novel to depict the Civil War with realism. Its battlefield scenes owe much to John W. De Forest's own experience as a captain in that conflict. But in 1867 genteel readers were affronted by De Forest's frank view of war and sex. This title introduces the novel.
- Author BiographyJohn W. De Forest's best-known novel is introduced by Sharon L. Gravett, an associate professor of English at Valdosta State University.
- Author(s)John William De Forest
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight511 g
- Width3404 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction bySharon L. Gravett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.