All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Cambridge a child has been hideously murdered and other children have disappeared. A renowned investigator, Simon of Naples, is recruited and he arrives with an Arab and a female doctor, Adelia Aguilar. What's more, her speciality is the study of corpses; she is, in fact, a mistress of the art of death.
- Author BiographyAriana Franklin was born in Devon and, like her father, became a journalist. Having invaded Wales dressed in combat uniform with the Royal Marines for one of their military exercises, accompanied the Queen on a royal visit, missed her own twenty-first birthday party because she had to cover a murder, she married, almost inevitably, another journalist. At this point she decided that staying married was a good idea so she abandoned her career in national newspapers and has settled down in the country to bring up two daughters, study medieval history and write. THE MISTRESS OF THE ART OF DEATH is her first historical thriller.
- PrizesWinner of CWA Ellis Peters Historical Award 2007.
- Author(s)Ariana Franklin
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Out-of-print date03/02/2011
- Weight356 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- dunbossin07 Jul, 2013by
No idea how accurate this is historicallly, but it ticked all my boxes. Strong female character, pacey whodunnit (and I didn't guess). Good page turner.
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £2.49Trending at £4.25
- £3.94Trending at £3.99
- £4.70Trending at £5.56
- £3.89Trending at £5.08
- £3.99Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.