All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs much an act of celebration and defiance as an important historical document, Mixed Company collects the earliest known Jamaican plays, preserving three unique voices that capture the spirit of a country fighting to gain its independence from colonial rule. Contains the plays The Creatures, Bedward and Maskarade.
- Author BiographyYvonne Brewster is founder member of the Barn Theatre (Jamaica) and Talawa Theatre Company (UK) & has worked in theatre, film, television, radio, and universities as a director, lecturer and actor. She is a Fellow of Rose Bruford College, Central School of Speech and Drama and the Royal Society of Arts, a Licentiate of the Royal College of Music. She received the OBE for Services to the Arts (1993) and an Honorary Doctorate from the Open University (2001). She edited three collections in the Methuen series Black Plays.
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Edited byYvonne Brewster
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £6.75Trending at £9.67
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
- £6.80Trending at £7.99
- £9.41Trending at £9.99
- £8.83Trending at £9.06
- £7.83Trending at £9.49
- £7.42Trending at £9.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.