Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.36Trending at £6.94
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
- £9.12Trending at £12.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2012 the Swedish Academy announced that Mo Yan had received the Nobel Prize in Literature for his work that with hallucinatory realism merges folk tales, history, and the contemporary. This is the first English-language study of the Chinese writer's work and influence, featuring essays from scholars in a range of disciplines, from both China and the US. Its aim is to deepen critical discussions of both a specific literary author and the globalisation of Chinese literature more generally.
- Author BiographyAngelica Duran has been on the English and comparative literature faculties at Purdue University since earning her PhD from Stanford in English literature. She also has served as Purdue's director of Religious Studies. Her many journal articles and scholarly chapters reflect the interdisciplinary nature of her research, ranging from Anglo-Hispanic Comparative Literature to Disability Studies, all anchored in Renaissance British literature. She is the editor of A Concise Companion to Milton (2007) and The King James Bible, Across Centuries, Across Borders (2015), and is the author of The Age of Milton and the Scientific Revolution (2007).Yuhan Huang is a doctoral candidate in comparative literature at Purdue University, with a focus on Comparative Studies of East and West and Film Studies. Her interests include documentary film and photography, word and image, and art history. She is a recipient of an Outstanding Thesis Award of Beijing Foreign Studies University and Purdue Lynn Fellowship.
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- Language(s)English, Chinese
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleComparative Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationWest Lafayette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAngelica Duran,Yuhan Huang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.