Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.52
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
About this product
- DescriptionMobile communications technologies and urban transportation and surveillance systems worldwide are evolving and developing. This book brings together a group of innovative case studies of these mobile technologies of the city, tracing the emergence of both socio-technical practices of the city and of a theoretical paradigm for mobilities research.
- Author BiographyMimi Sheller is Visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania and Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Mobilities Research at Lancaster University, England. She is the author of Democracy After Slavery (2000) and Consuming the Caribbean (2003), and co-editor of Uprootings/Regroundings (2003) and Tourism Mobilitites (2004). She is also co-editor of the new Routledge journal Mobilities. John Urry is Professor of Sociology and Director of the Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University. Recent books include Sociology beyond Societies (2000), The Tourist Gaze (1990/2002), Global Complexity (2003), Tourism Mobilities (co-edited; 2004), Automobilities (coedited; 2005). He is also co-editor of the new Routledge journal Mobilities.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleNetworked Cities Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 20 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMimi Sheller,Professor John Urry
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.