All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £149.84Trending at £158.49
- £14.95Trending at £18.91
- £19.99Trending at £22.49
- £7.88Trending at £9.98
- £9.57Trending at £12.92
- £9.45Trending at £10.17
- £6.95Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn Mobility Makes States, political scientists, historians, sociologists, and anthropologists examine the role of mobility in shaping how states are formed and how they behave. Focusing on links between power and migration across sub-Saharan Africa, the book explores how and why states have sought to harness movements towards their own ends.
- Author BiographyDarshan Vigneswaran is Codirector of the Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies and Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science at University of Amsterdam, as well as a Senior Researcher at the African Centre for Migration and Society at the University of the Witwatersrand. Joel Quirk is Associate Professor of Political Studies at the University of the Witwatersrand. He is author of The Anti-Slavery Project: From the Slave Trade to Human Trafficking, also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note10 illus.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDarshan Vigneswaran,Joel Quirk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.