CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £11.71Trending at £12.90
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how interaction between the molecular components of basic living organisms can be modelled mathematically, and how models can be used to create artificial biological entities within cells. Includes theoretical frameworks and analytical tools.
- Author BiographyLuonan Chen received his M.E. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, in 1988 and 1991, respectively. From 1997, he was a member of the faculty of Osaka Sangyo University, Osaka, Japan, and then became a full Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics. He was also the founding director of Institute of Systems Biology, Shanghai University. Since 2010, he has been a professor at Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences. His fields of interest are systems biology, bioinformatics, and nonlinear dynamics. He serves as associate editor or editorial board member for many systems biology related journals, e.g. BMC Systems Biology, IEEE/ACM Trans. on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, IET Systems Biology, Mathematical Biosciences, International Journal of Systems and Synthetic Biology, and the Journal of Systems Science and Complexity. He also serves as Chair of Technical Committee of Systems Biology at the IEEE SMC Society. Ruiqi Wang received an M.S. degree in mathematics from Yunnan University, Kunming, China, in 1999, and a Ph. D. degree in mathematics from the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS, Beijing, China, in 2002. Since 2007, he has been a member of the faculty of Shanghai University, Shanghai, China, where he is currently an Associate Professor at Institute of Systems Biology. His fields of interest are systems biology and nonlinear dynamics. Chunguang Li received an M.S. degree in Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems and a Ph.D. degree in Circuits and Systems from the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China, in 2002 and 2004, respectively. Currently, he is a Professor with the Department of Information Science and Electronic Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. His current research interests include computational neuroscience, statistical signal processing, and machine intelligence. Kazuyuki Aihara received a B.E. degree of electrical engineering in 1977 and a Ph.D. degree of electronic engineering 1982 from the University of Tokyo, Japan. Currently, he is Professor of the Institute of Industrial Science, Professor of the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, and Director of Collaborative Research Center for Innovative Mathematical Modelling at the University of Tokyo. His research interests include mathematical modeling of complex systems, parallel distributed processing with spatio-temporal chaos, and time series analysis of complex data.
- Author(s)Chunguang Li,Kazuyuki Aihara,Luonan Chen,Ruiqi Wang
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.