Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
- £6.98Trending at £7.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book details state-of-the-art methods for empirical modeling of forest trees and stands. It includes methods for quantifying site quality as well as stand and point density, and features applied topics, including silvicultural treatment and wood quality.
- Author BiographyDr. Harold Burkhart, University Distinguished Professor Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation, College of Natural Resources and Environment, Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA Interest Areas: Modeling forest stand dynamics, growth and yield; applying quantitative analysis techniques to forestry problems. B.S., Oklahoma State University (1965) M.S., University of Georgia (1967) Ph.D., University of Georgia (1969) Current research project Cooperative Research Program in Growth and Yield of Managed Stands of Loblolly Pine (Twelve industrial forestry firms plus Virginia Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation and USDA Forest Service, 1979-present): The objective of this Cooperative is to develop loblolly pine tree growth and stand development models sufficiently flexible to account for the effects of intensive cultural practices, with output sufficiently detailed to allow for analyses of a full range of utilization options. The Cooperative maintains three large field studies: (1) a set of designed spacing trials, (2) a region-wide set of growth plots in intensively managed plantations, and (3) two pruning experiments and is part of the NSF Center for Advanced Forestry Systems.
- Author(s)Harold E. Burkhart,Margarida Tome
- Date of Publication09/05/2014
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight718 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.