All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £7.01
- £12.88Trending at £16.24
- £14.56Trending at £16.19
- £9.97Trending at £10.40
- £8.24Trending at £10.80
- £61.04Trending at £84.25
- £8.95Trending at £16.04
About this product
- Author(s)Abdul A. Khan,Wencong Lai
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note190 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction A historical overview Organization of the book References General formulation of the discontinuous Galerkin method Conservation form of equations Shape functions Isoparametric mapping Numerical integration Approximate Riemann solvers Time integration References Discontinuous Galerkin method for one-dimensional nonconservative equations Discontinuous Galerkin method for ordinary differential equations 1D Linear convection 1D Transient diffusion 1D Steady diffusion References One-dimensional conservation laws Burgers' equation Total variation diminishing slope limiter Shallow water flow equations in rectangular channels DG method for shallow water flow equations Numerical tests References One-dimensional shallow water flow in nonrectangular channels General form of the Saint Venant equations Discontinuous Galerkin method for general Saint Venant equations Numerical tests References Two-dimensional conservation laws Pure convection in 2D Governing equation of convection in 2D Discontinuous Galerkin formulation for 2D convection Slope limiters Numerical tests References Two-dimensional shallow water flow in channels with horizontal beds Two-dimensional shallow water flow equations for a horizontal bed channel Numerical flux Dry bed treatment Numerical tests References Two-dimensional shallow water flow in channels with bed variations Two-dimensional shallow water flow equations for natural channels Numerical flux and source term treatment Numerical tests in channels with irregular beds References Pollutant transport Pollutant transport in 1D Pollutant transport in 2D References Concluding remarks Summary Current research topics References Index
- Author BiographyAbdul A. Khan, Ph.D., is an associate professor in the Glenn Department of Civil Engineering at Clemson University (South Carolina). He received a Ph.D. from the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. After his Ph.D., Dr. Khan worked at the National Center for Computational Hydroscience and Engineering, University of Mississippi, before moving to Clemson University. He has been working in the area of computational modeling of river hydraulics, dam-break flows, and sediment transport for the past 20 years. He has published close to 50 journal articles related to his research work and several papers on river flood and dam-break flow modeling. Wencong Lai, Ph.D., earned a Ph.D. (2012) and an M.S. (2010) in civil engineering from Clemson University, in the area of applied fluid mechanics, and a B.E. (2008) in water conservancy and hydropower engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. He is currently a postdoctorate research associate at the University of Wyoming and a member of the CI-WATER's High-Resolution Multi-Physics Watershed Modeling team. Dr. Lai's research focuses on computational hydraulics and hydrology. He has developed numerical models for shallow water flows in natural rivers and watersheds using the discontinuous Galerkin finite element method.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.