Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.13
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £5.54Trending at £5.97
- £11.41Trending at £11.59
- £10.15Trending at £14.93
- £9.09Trending at £9.87
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing the techniques of statistical geometry and probabilistic modeling to non-mathematicians, this book is an overview of the structure of stochastic fibrous materials, and the use of Mathematica(R) to develop models describing their structure.
- Author BiographyBill Sampson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Materials at the University of Manchester, with more than 15 years experience modeling the structure and performance of stochastic fibrous materials. His interest in these materials developed at UMIST and the University of Toronto where he first used the computer mathematics software Mathematica to develop theories applying statistical geometry to the study of the pore size distribution in paper. Subsequent work has yielded theories describing the distributions of porosity and pore size in two- and three-dimensional networks, and the extent and configuration of fiber contacts in general classes of stochastic fibrous materials. These models have been applied to the study of the structures of non-woven textiles, electrospun polymer networks, and fibrous filters, and the influence of structure on their mechanical, optical and transport behaviors.
- Author(s)William Wyatt Sampson
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight413 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.