All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleThe International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJacqui Dillon,John Read
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface to 1st edition. Preface to 2nd edition. Forewords. Part I: The Illness Model of Psychosis and 'Schizophrenia'. Read, Mosher, Bentall, 'Schizophrenia' is Not an Illness. Read, A History of Madness. Read, The Invention of 'Schizophrenia': Kraepelin and Bleuler. Read, Masson, Genetics, Eugenics and the Mass Murder of 'Schizophrenics'. Read, Does 'Schizophrenia' Exist? Reliability and Validity. Read, Biological Psychiatry's Lost Cause: The 'Schizophrenic' Brain. Joseph, Schizophrenia and Heredity: Why the Emperor has no Genes. Read, Bentall, Johnstone, Fosse, Bracken, Electroconvulsive therapy. Hutton, Weinmann, Bola, Read, Anti-psychotic drugs. Mosher, Gosden, Beder, Drug Companies and Schizophrenia: Unbridled Capitalism Meets Madness. Part II: Social and Psychological Approaches to Understanding Madness. Read, Magliano, Beavan, Public Beliefs about the Causes of 'Schizophrenia': Bad Things Happen and can Drive you Crazy. Read, Haslam, Magliano, Prejudice, Stigma and 'Schizophrenia': The Role of Bio-Genetic Ideology. Geekie, Listening to the Voices we Hear: Clients' Understandings of Psychotic Experiences. Read, Johnstone, Taitimu, Psychosis, Poverty and Ethnicity. Read, Beavan, Gender and Psychosis. Bentall, Understanding Psychotic Symptoms: Cognitive and Integrative Models. Koehler, Silver, Karon, Psychodynamic Approaches to Psychosis: Defences against Terror. Read, Childhood Adversity and Psychosis: From Heresy to Certainty. Read, Seymour, Psychosis and Families: Intergenerational Parenting Problems. PART III: Social and Psychological Approaches to Responding to Madness. Clements, Davies, Prevention of Psychosis: Creating Societies Where More People Flourish. Dillon, Bullimore, Lampshire, Chamberlain, The Work of Experience Based Experts. Morrison, Cognitive Therapy for People with Psychosis. Summers, Rosenbaum, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy for Psychosis: Empirical Evidence. Johannessen, Joa, Klarsen, Langeveld, The Development of Early Intervention Services. Mosher, Bola, Non-Hospital, Non-Medication Interventions in First Episode Psychosis. Aderhold, Gottwalz, Family Therapy and Psychosis: Replacing Ideology with Openness. Read, Dillon, Creating Evidence-Based, Effective and Humane Mental Health Services: Overcoming Barriers to a Paradigm Shift.
- Author BiographyJohn Read is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Liverpool and is Editor of the scientific journal Psychosis: Psychological, Social and Integrative Approaches. He is author of numerous books and over 100 research articles. In 2010 Professor Read was awarded the New Zealand Psychological Society's Hunter Award, presented every three years, for excellence in scholarship and contribution to the profession. Jacqui Dillon is a campaigner, writer, international speaker and trainer specialising in hearing voices, psychosis, dissociation, trauma, abuse, healing and recovery. She is the national Chair of the Hearing Voices Network in England, a Board member of Intervoice - the International Network for Training, Education and Research into Hearing Voices. Jacqui is an Honorary Lecturer in Clinical Psychology at the University of East London. This is her third co-edited book about psychosis.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.