All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £40.93
- £20.00Trending at £36.27
- £56.83Trending at £57.77
- £27.26Trending at £29.68
About this product
- Author(s)Vasant Natarajan
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/04/2015
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note91 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight798 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsMetrology Measurement systems Universal units and fundamental constants Atomic units Preliminaries Classical harmonic oscillator Quantum harmonic oscillator Coherent states Squeezed states Radiation Atoms Spectroscopic notation Energy levels of one electron atoms Interaction with magnetic fields Atoms in static electric fields-Stark effect Permanent atomic electric dipole moment (EDM) Atoms in oscillating electric fields Strong oscillating fields-Dressed atoms Nucleus Isotope effects Hyperfine structure Resonance Introduction Magnetic resonance Magnetic resonance of quantized spin Resonance in a two state system Density matrix Resonance of a realistic two state system Interaction Interaction of EM radiation with atoms Selection rules and angular distribution Transition rates Spontaneous emission Order-of-magnitude of spontaneous emission Saturation intensities Multiphoton Two photon absorption Two photon de-excitation processes Raman processes Dressed atom for multiphoton processes Coherence Coherence in single atoms Coherence in localized ensembles Coherence in extended ensembles Mixed examples Coherent control in multilevel atoms Other effects in coherent control Lineshapes Low intensity and simple collisions Relativistic effects in emission and absorption Lineshape of atoms in a gas Confined particles Gaussian beam optics Spectroscopy Alkali atoms Experimental tools Doppler-free techniques Nonlinear magneto-optic rotation-NMOR Cooling and Trapping Spontaneous force Stimulated force Magnetic trapping and evaporative cooling Bose-Einstein condensation Optical tweezers Ion trapping Appendices A. Standards B. What is a photon? C. Einstein as armchair detective: The case of stimulated radiation D. Frequency comb Index Problems appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyVasant Natarajan is a professor in the Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. His research focuses on laser cooling and trapping of atoms, quantum optics, optical tweezers, quantum computation in ion traps, and tests of time-reversal symmetry violation in the fundamental laws of physics using laser-cooled atoms. He earned a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.