All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)John Whitlam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2017
- Series TitleModern Grammars
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of Contents1 Pronunciation and spelling 2 Gender and gender agreement 3 Number and number agreement 4 Articles 5 Adjectives and adverbs 6 Numbers and numerical expressions 7 Personal pronouns 8 Demonstratives 9 Possessives 10 Relative pronouns 11 Interrogatives 12 Exclamations 13 Indefinite adjectives and pronouns 14 Negatives 15 Regular verb conjugations 16 Semi-irregular and irregular verbs 17 Gerunds, past participles, compound perfect tenses and the passive 18 Use of the tenses 19 The infinitive 20 The subjunctive 21 The imperative 22 Reflexive verbs 23 Ser, estar and ficar 24 Verbs used in auxiliary, modal and impersonal constructions 25 Prepositions 26 Conjunctions 27 Word order 28 Word formation 29 Making social contacts 30 Basic strategies for communication 31 Asking questions and responding 32 Negating 33 Reporting 34 Asking and giving personal information 35 Identifying people and things 36 Describing 37 Making comparisons 38 Expressing existence and availability 28139 Expressing location and distance 40 Expressing possessive relations 41 Expressing changes 42 Expressing cause, effect and purpose 43 Expressing knowledge 44 Remembering and forgetting 45 Expressing obligation and duty 46 Expressing needs 47 Expressing possibility and probability 48 Expressing certainty and uncertainty 49 Expressing supposition 50 Expressing conditions 51 Expressing contrast or opposition 52 Expressing capability and incapability 53 Seeking and giving permission 54 Asking and giving opinions 55 Expressing agreement, disagreement and indifference 56 Expressing desires and preferences 57 Expressing likes and dislikes 58 Expressing surprise 59 Expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction 60 Expressing hope 61 Expressing sympathy 62 Apologizing and expressing forgiveness 63 Expressing fear or worry 64 Expressing gratitude 65 Giving advice and making suggestions 66 Making requests 67 Giving directions, instructions and orders 68 Making an offer or invitation and accepting or declining 69 Talking about the present 70 Talking about the future 71 Talking about the past.
- Author BiographyJohn Whitlam is a freelance writer, university lecturer and lexicographer based in Rio de Janeiro. He has authored a number of language teaching books and project-coordinated and co-authored four best-selling bilingual dictionaries of Portuguese and English.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £20.01
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.