Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionFor postcolonial Africa, modernization was seen as a necessary outcome of the struggle for independence and as crucial to the success of its newly established states. This book includes 15 essays that address governance, production, and social life; and the role of media.
- Author BiographyPeter J. Bloom is Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is editor (with Ch. Didier Gondola and Charles Tshimanga) of Frenchness in the African Diaspora (IUP, 2009).Takyiwaa Manuh is Emeritus Professor of African Studies at the University of Ghana, Legon. She is editor (with Catherine M. Cole and Stephan F. Miescher) of Africa after Gender? (IUP, 2006).Stephan F. Miescher is Associate Professor of History at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is author of Making Men in Ghana (IUP, 2005).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note4 b&w illus.
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byPeter J. Bloom,Stephan F. Miescher,Takyiwaa Manuh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.