All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £22.03Trending at £23.36
- £7.47Trending at £7.66
- £21.47Trending at £22.53
- £30.18Trending at £35.99
- £5.99Trending at £8.87
- £17.01Trending at £18.63
- £13.43Trending at £18.83
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIgnatius G. Mattingly,Michael Studdert-Kennedy
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface. F.S. Cooper, Introduction: Speech Perception. B. Lindblom, The Status of Phonetic Gestures. O. Fujimura, Comment: Beyond the Segment. C.A. Fowler, L.D. Rosenblum, The Perception of Phonetic Gestures. P.F. MacNeilage, Comment: The Gesture as a Unit in Speech Perception Theories. M.M. Vihman, Ontogeny of Phonetic Gestures: Speech Production. M. Studdert-Kennedy, Comment: The Emergent Gesture. J. Werker, The Ontogeny of Speech Perception. P.D. Eimas, Comment: Some Effects of Language Acquisition on Speech Perception. Q. Summerfield, Visual Perception of Phonetic Gestures. J.L. Miller, Comment: Bimodal Speech Perception and the Motor Theory. H. Poizner, U. Bellugi, E.S. Klima, Brain Function for Language: Perspectives From Another Modality. H. Lane, Comment: Dr. Harlan and Mr. Lane. J.C. Catford, P.W. Jusczyk, D.H. Klatt, A.M. Liberman, R.E. Remez, K.N. Stevens, Panel Discussion: The Motor Theory and Alternative Accounts. A.S. Bregman, The Compositional Process in Cognition With Applications to Speech Perception. D.B. Pisoni, Comment: Modes of Processing Speech and Nonspeech Signals. C.J. Darwin, The Relationship Between Speech Perception and the Perception of Other Sounds. B.H. Repp, Comment: Around Duplex Perception. H.J. Neville, Whence the Specialization of the Language Hemisphere? M. Konishi, Neural Mechanisms of Binaural Fusion. C. Browman, L. Goldstein, Gestural Structures: Distinctiveness, Phonological Processes, and Historical Change. I.G. Mattingly, Reading and the Biological Function of Linguistic Representations. D. Holender, Comment: Writing Systems and the Modularity of Language. U. Bellugi, S. Blumstein, J. Fodor, V. Mann, A. Samuel, Panel Discussion: The Modularity of Speech and Language. S. Crain, D. Shankweiler, Modularity and Learning to Read. P. Bertelson, B. de Gelder, The Emergence of Phonological Awareness: Comparative Approaches. E.S. Klima, Comment: Linguistic Awareness and Metalinguistic Control. J. Fodor, L. Frazier, M. Garrett, P. Gorrell, J. Mehler, Panel Discussion: Sentence Perception and Sentence Production. J.J. Jenkins, Summary of the Conference: Speech is Special. A.M. Liberman, Afterthoughts on Modularity and the Motor Theory.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.