All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the mathematical underpinnings of algorithms used for molecular dynamics simulation, including both deterministic and stochastic numerical methods.
- Author BiographyBenedict Leimkuhler has worked extensively for more than two decades on the study of molecular dynamics algorithms. He is the author of research publications on constrained molecular dynamics, temperature controls, stochastic molecular dynamics methods, quantum methods, and advanced integration strategies (multiple time-stepping, adaptive methods). He currently holds the Chair of Applied Mathematics at the University of Edinburgh, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications, and is on the editorial boards of four journals.Charles Matthews obtained his PhD in applied mathematics from the University of Edinburgh, working in the area of numerical methods for stochastic differential equations. He has published research in both chemical physics and mathematics journals on discretization problems in molecular dynamics. He currently is a research staff member in the Department of Statistics at the University of Chicago, investigating sampling methodologies for molecular simulation and the modelling of power networks.
- Author(s)Benedict Leimkuhler,Charles Matthews
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note71 Illustrations, color; 24 Illustrations, black and white; XXII, 443 p. 95 illus., 71 illus. in color.
- Weight859 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.