Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops techniques based on two ingredients: the theory of perverse sheaves and Larsen's Alternative. These techniques are then used to calculate the geometric monodromy groups attached to some specific universal families of (L-functions attached to) character sums over finite fields.
- Author BiographyNicholas M. Katz is Professor of Mathematics at Princeton University. He is the author of five previous books in this series: Arithmetic Moduli of Elliptic Curves (with Barry Mazur); Gauss Sums, Kloosterman Sums, and Monodromy Groups ; Exponential Sums and Differential Equations ; Rigid Local Systems ; and Twisted L-Functions and Monodromy .
- Author(s)Nicholas M. Katz
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- Series TitleAnnals of Mathematics Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 159
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight799 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.