All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe action is mostly set at Rudge Hall, home to the obese miser Lester Carmody, and at Healthward Ho, a health farm run by 'Chimp Twist, along with his cohorts 'Soapy' and 'Dolly' Molloy.
- Author BiographyPelham Grenville Wodehouse (always known as `Plum') wrote more than ninety novels and some three hundred short stories over 73 years. He is widely recognised as the greatest 20th-century writer of humour in the English language. Perhaps best known for the escapades of Bertie Wooster and Jeeves, Wodehouse also created the world of Blandings Castle, home to Lord Emsworth and his cherished pig, the Empress of Blandings. His stories include gems concerning the irrepressible and disreputable Ukridge; Psmith, the elegant socialist; the ever-so-slightly-unscrupulous Fifth Earl of Ickenham, better known as Uncle Fred; and those related by Mr Mulliner, the charming raconteur of The Angler's Rest, and the Oldest Member at the Golf Club. In 1936 he was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for `having made an outstanding and lasting contribution to the happiness of the world'. He was made a Doctor of Letters by Oxford University in 1939 and in 1975, aged 93, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He died shortly afterwards, on St Valentine's Day.
- Author(s)P. G. Wodehouse
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library P G WODEHOUSE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Content NoteNone
- Weight147 g
- Width125 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £6.39Trending at £8.86
- £5.00Trending at £5.96
- £7.03Trending at £7.99
- £5.10Trending at £5.21
- £9.00Trending at £10.97
- £1.83Trending at £3.45
- £12.97Trending at £14.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.