All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise handbook with two new authors who have restructured all content and provided a complete update of the text. Practical step-by-step guides to measuring hazards. Six main sections with an introduction covering hazard identification, exposure routes and conducting surveys.
- Author BiographyDr John Cherrie is Research Director at the Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) in Edinburgh, UK. He is an Honorary Reader at Aberdeen University and a former President of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS). His research interests include human exposure assessment, environmental and occupational epidemiology, natural and synthetic fibres including asbestos, dermal exposure to chemicals and dermatitis, and particulate air pollution. Robin Howie is an independent occupational hygiene consultant based in Edinburgh, and is also a former President of BOHS. His main area of practice concerns asbestos risk. Dr Sean Semple is the Director of the Scottish Centre for Indoor Air. He is a Senior Lecturer in the Population Health section at the University of Aberdeen and also holds an honorary post at the IOM in Edinburgh. His research interests include exposure assessment to workplace hazards from both inhalation and dermal routes. He has been involved in a raft of studies looking at indoor air quality and several projects to evaluate the effect of smoke-free legislation across the UK. He is also involved in international collaborative studies examining the effects of exposure to biomass fuel smoke in the developing world where he has worked on projects in Malawi and India. His research group includes students from Malaysia, Nepal, Iran and the UK. Dr Semple is the BOHS ambassador to Malaysia.
- Author(s)John W. Cherrie,Robin Howie,Sean Semple
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2009
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £47.13Trending at £53.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.