Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £19.99Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by frobick
- Est. delivery by 24 Aug
- £3.95+ £3.50 P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by shrimper32
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Other Fiction Books
About this product
- DescriptionIt was a sudden strange fancy, and now Polly Perks, in her brother's clothes and her hair cut off, has joined up to fight for her country. But who is the enemy? What is she really fighting for? War teaches you a lot, she finds, when it turns out that you joined the Monstrous Regiment.
- Author BiographyTerry Pratchett is one of the most popular authors writing today. He lives behind a keyboard in Wiltshire and says he 'doesn't want to get a life, because it feels as though he's trying to lead three already'. He was appointed OBE in 1998. He is the author of the phenomenally successful Discworld series and his trilogy for young readers, The Bromeliad, is scheduled to be adapted into a spectacular animated movie. His first Discworld novel for children, THE AMAZING MAURICE AND HIS EDUCATED RODENTS, was awarded the 2001 Carnegie Medal.
- Author(s)Terry Pratchett
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2003
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- Out-of-print date25/06/2008
- Weight605 g
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- rosiegem517 Feb, 2017by
If you're reading this review you've obviously read Sir Terry before and I won't spoil any of this brilliant book for you. It's a one off, only a glimpse of familiar characters late on. I re- read it because I lost my original copy and loved every minute of it. Enjoy!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- corneliarobinso...01 Mar, 2015by
Haven't read it yet but I am looking forward to it.
Awesome story book written by my favourite living author. Good size print and handy size. Cover reminds me of Hamburger Hill, or something like that. I have not read it yet, but have glanced at the first pages and have Great Expectations (or is that another story?).
- 2009bumbledee08 Jan, 2014by
Person who received this was very pleased
Cannot really commment about this book as it was a xmas present for somebody who just loves anything by Terry Pratchett
- pollen72116 Nov, 2013by
Definitely not one of the better Discworld stories (the later tales are not a patch on the earlier ones). No wit, no dry humour, no amusing asides. The tale of a girl who pretends to be a boy to join the army in times of war. No real storyline, just an interminable build-up and never actually getting anywhere. Not worth reading.
- wolvie303730 Nov, 2010by
This is one of Terry Pratchetts best book! It is a whole new character who has never been seen before but who makes a great entrance. Feminism is the topic of the book as well as the war that takes place which Vimes can't stop but hey it leads to great fun. The idea behind the book is that a war has been raging for years and all the young men have left for war and are being followed by the women. Guessing which ones are men and which are women is a great challenge! I highly recommend this book.
Best-selling in Fantasy
Save on Fantasy
- £4.77Trending at £4.85
- £15.72Trending at £17.10
- £41.86Trending at £75.41
- £10.59Trending at £12.93
- £34.00Trending at £47.49
- £19.35Trending at £22.83
- £38.09Trending at £48.00