All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClaudio Monteverdi was the first important composer of opera. This work examines the composer's celebrated final works - Il ritorno d'Ulisse and L'incoronazione di Poppea . It casts light on the conflict between a world of emotional propriety and restraint and one of hedonistic abandon.
- Author BiographyEllen Rosand is George A. Saden Professor of Music at Yale and author of Opera in Seventeenth Century Venice: The Creation of a Genre (UC Press, 1991, 2007).
- Author(s)Ellen Rosand
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note30 b/w photographs, 4 line illustrations, 21 tables, 40 music examples
- Weight930 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.73Trending at £5.04
- £4.67Trending at £5.14
- £8.50Trending at £9.26
- £10.42Trending at £11.17
- £6.01Trending at £6.10
- £4.22Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.