All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith advice you can trust and the unique perspective of writer and world traveller Tom Vater, Moon Angkor Wat has everything you need to know to have an unforgettable experience.From the unparalleled beauty of its temples to the bustling growth and culture of the nearby cities, Angkor Wat has it all. Explore Angkor Wat and its surroundings with confidence using Moon's strategic itineraries and top activities, such as the best way to tour the Temples of Angkor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, participate in community-supported tourism, and dig deep into Khmer art and history. With expertly crafted maps and gorgeous photos, this full-colour guidebook gives you the tools you need to have an immersive and unique experience. Moon Angkor Wat includes areas such as:Siem ReapAngkor Wat and Angkor ThomAnteay ChhmarSambor Prei KukPreah Khan, Koh Ker, and Preah VihearBattambangPhnom Penh Find the Moon guide that best suits your trip!Extend your trip to some of Southeast Asia's most awe-inspiring destinations with Moon Vietnam, Moon Taj Mahal and Moon Phuket & Ko Samui.
- Author BiographyTom Vater has been working and traveling in Southeast Asia since 1993. He first visited Cambodia in 2001 to document the indigenous minorities in Mondulkiri for the British Library's International Sound Archive. He instantly fell in love with the country. A year later, Tom co-wrote and produced a documentary on Angkor for German-French television, which gave him the opportunity to spend several weeks among the temples. Since then, he has been back in Cambodia several times a year to cover the country's politics and culture for many different publications. On his journeys around the country, he has traveled with kings, pilgrims, soldiers, secret agents, pirates, hippies, policemen, and prophets. Tom is the author of numerous nonfiction titles, guidebooks, and a novel, and has co-written several documentary screenplays for television and cinema. Tom's feature articles, mostly on Asian subjects and destinations, have been published by the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Times, Marie Claire, and many other publications. He is the Daily Telegraph's Bangkok expert. His nonfiction book, Sacred Skin, published with award-winning photographer Aroon Thaewchatturat,who took many of the pictures in Moon Angkor Wat,was an international bestseller. Most recently he published Cambodia: A Journey Through the Land of the Khmer with renowned photographer Kraig Lieb. Tom is also the co-owner of the Hong Kong-based crime fiction imprint Crime Wave Press. Visit his website at tomvater.com.
- Author(s)Tom Vater
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintMoon Travel
- Content Notecolour photos and maps throughout
- Weight288 g
- Width145 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.20Trending at £9.53
- £15.40Trending at £19.03
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.