CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.28Trending at £9.13
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £5.54Trending at £5.97
- £11.41Trending at £11.59
- £10.15Trending at £14.93
- £9.08Trending at £9.87
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Spotlight Quito is a 115-page compact guide covering Ecuador's capital city and highlights of the surrounding Andes. Seasoned traveller and journalist Ben Westwood offers his firsthand advice on must-see attractions, as well as maps with sightseeing highlights, so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on entertainment, shopping, recreation, hotels, food, and transportation, making navigating this diverse area uncomplicated and enjoyable.This Spotlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands .
- Author BiographyBen Westwood dreamed of being a writer and musician from an early age. Growing up in England, he combined the two by studying music and getting involved in student journalism in London. He wrote his first travel journal during a backpacking trip through Southeast Asia.After graduating from college, Ben decided to follow his passion for travel with an English-language teaching qualification under his belt, he set off for Ecuador. In the year he spent there, he fell in love with the country,and one of its citizens. He returned to the UK, newly married, to complete a postgraduate degree at the country's top journalism school, City University.Ben worked for The Daily Telegraph and Telegraph.co.uk as a travel journalist and online travel editor, writing articles on everything from encounters with Maoist guerrillas in Nepal to encounters with drunken Brits in Greece. After a brief stint working in adventure tourism, Ben returned to South America to combine his passions for teaching and travel writing. In addition to Moon Peru, he is the author of Moon Machu Picchu and Moon Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands. He has also contributed to the The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, and The Guardian.Ben currently teaches journalism and tourism at Brighton University in the UK. He still finds time to sing and play the guitar, and has released one self-funded album, Keep Dreaming. Follow him on Twitter @BenWestwood and at soundcloud.com/benwestwoodmusic.
- Author(s)Ben Westwood
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoon Travel
- Content Notecolour photos throughout, Maps
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.